[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold "zombie" mpg123 processes

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Fri May 13 13:12:42 MST 2005

Hi,

KMail crashed because I saved too many asterisk-users messages ... now I have
to ask directly, instead of searching in my private archive :)

Here's the problem:  I'm using MusicOnHold, running mpg123, but I notice that
the processes don't die even after the user hangs up.  They just sort of
"freeze" and stop consuming cpu (I hope).

Is there a way (within asterisk) to flush these processes completely?  Or
should I just run a cron job?

Thanks,

lane