[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_capi, chan_misdn and chan_modem

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri May 13 03:33:10 MST 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:55:58AM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 May 2005, Paul Hales wrote:
> > > I battled with chan_capi during the week, and it was not fun.
> >
> > Since I'm working on chan_capi, I would like to know what problems exist.
> > Can you please be more specific on what problems you have encountered?
>
> It's good to see a capi expert working on that module!
>
> Could you elaborate on your plans for chan_capi?

Currently I have three topics:
- fix the problem with kernel 2.6 (looks like a CAPI problem)
- cleanup in chan_capi.c (I noticed some errors)
- add native bridging using CAPI Line-Interconnect

Then I hope to receive some reports on what is buggy/not working, wishlist
and hopefully also some reports on what works well.

I also was thinking about an application for receiving fax over CAPI, but
I'm not yet familiar with the current asterisk fax support, so I need to
learn more here. Maybe some else can inlight me here...

Armin