[Asterisk-Users] Interrupting voicemail with "*", dropping to "a" extension. Does it work?

Thu May 12 19:25:41 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 20:44 -0500, John Lange wrote:
> Very very odd.
>
> Its not a DTMF problem because other tones work fine. # for example
> skips the OGM as it should.
>
> So could it possible be a config issue?
>
> The voicemail box in question is in the [default] context inside
> voicemail.conf.
>
> [default]
> 2048850872 => XXXX,John Lange,john.lange at open-it.ca
>
> That tells me I need a this in extensions.conf:

Does it??

> [default]
> exten => a,1,VoicemailMain() ; If they press *, send the user into VoicemailMain
>
> Am I missing something blazingly obvious?

I thought that it should be like this:
[somecontext]
exten => 1234,1,Voicemail(1234 at default)  <--- Standard check VM
exten => a,1,VoiceMailMain()             <--- press * to get here

ie, the a extension should be in the same context as the voicemail
extension, the voicemail context (default) is irrelevant in all this...
It is ONLY used internally by the voicemail app to determine which
mailbox this is. Don't confuse them just because they are both called
context's.

> I didn't think it could be a config issue because I thought it should at
> least show the "*" in the console and then complain about no "a"
> extension or something but I get absolutely nothing in the console.

Dunno, but try the above... and let us know.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers