[Asterisk-Users] Interrupting voicemail with "*", dropping to "a" extension. Does it work?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu May 12 18:44:27 MST 2005

Very very odd.

Its not a DTMF problem because other tones work fine. # for example
skips the OGM as it should.

So could it possible be a config issue?

The voicemail box in question is in the [default] context inside
voicemail.conf.

[default]
2048850872 => XXXX,John Lange,john.lange at open-it.ca

That tells me I need a this in extensions.conf:

[default]
exten => a,1,VoicemailMain() ; If they press *, send the user into VoicemailMain

Am I missing something blazingly obvious?

I didn't think it could be a config issue because I thought it should at
least show the "*" in the console and then complain about no "a"
extension or something but I get absolutely nothing in the console.

Thanks,
--
John Lange
President OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872