[Asterisk-Users] Problem with MeetMe

Thu May 12 19:12:28 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 10:35 -0400, Daniel Salama wrote:
> What I have discovered is that my motherboard only supports usb-ohci
> and not usb-uhci. Reading on the wiki, it says that ztdummy requires
> usb-uhci.
>
> To make things worse, I slapped in a TDM22B just to get timer
> support, only to discover that the machine kept crashing because of a
> hardware conflict with my RAID controller. Really weird!

This is always an interesting question, but when you say "the machine
kept crashing" is that a bios issue, or a linux (and modules) issue? ie,
does it not bootup, does it work fine then after x minutes you get a
oops, or a what?? You don't provide *ANY* details.... did you try
putting the various cards in different slots? What type are the slots
you are using? etc...

> Anyway, my only three other options are:
> 1) Compile kernel 2.6, which I'd hate to do

Why, I don't see what it is about 2.6.x kernel that is so bad compared
to 2.4.x kernel??? 2.6.x is the current stable linux kernel version....
IMHO, it just works better....

> 2) Replace either the motherboard or the RAID controller, which is
> worse than option 1

Depends, if you end up with a better machine in the end? though I don't
see how (1) is bad at all, so yes, this would be worse :)

Just my 0.02c worth...

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev