[Asterisk-Users] Escape context and queue application

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Thu May 12 12:57:19 MST 2005

I am running stable 1.07.

I have tweaked the queue app a little, so I'd like verification from
someone running stock...

When the queue tries to announce the position, I go ahead and read the
options for the escape context, which are in the queues.conf as the
thank-you.  However, pressing any key during the announcement is
ineffective.  As soon as the announcement is over, I can press the key.

Has anyone else run into this?  Or is there a better way to announce the
escape sequence to callers than putting it in the announcement?  I did
that so that it would play once and then repeat every 90 seconds,
starting from the beginning for each caller.  I commented out all the
code in app_queue.say_position(struct queue_ent *qe) that told the
caller the position and hold time (as we ONLY want the announcement to
play).