[Asterisk-Users] Incoming calls picked-up then simply hanged-up

fhunter fhunter at survivorsoft.com
Thu May 12 07:20:50 MST 2005

Thanks I will give that a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of John covici
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:06 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Incoming calls picked-up then simply hanged-up

You should put your asterisk into verbose mode using asterisk -cvvvv or if
you are using a server asterisk -rvvvv and you can trace out what happens
and it will be in the log file called full in the /var/log/asterisk
directory and then you can probably figure out what happened.  Your incoming
call context must eventually dial an extension, but I am sure you will see
what is going on if you debug like that.

on Thursday 05/12/2005 fhunter(fhunter at survivorsoft.com) wrote  > I don't
think my first posting went thru.  >
 > I am trying to set up Asterisk for the first time. I am new to this.  > I
am using Asterisk at Home.  > I have a TDM400P with one FXO and one  FXS  >
 > The system is working for outgoing calls and if I test incoming calls
using  > 7777.  > But when doing an actual call the system seems to answer
the call and then  > immediately hang up.  >
 > I made a small test following some instructions and made changes to the
> from-pstn context to look like this:  >
 > [from-pstn]
 > exten => s,1,Answer()
 > exten => s,2,Wait(4)
 > exten => s,3,Playback(goodbye)
 > exten => s,4,Hangup()
 >
 > The incoming calls are set up to go from the PSTN to the Digital  >
Receptionist.  > But I get the same behavior if I have incoming call send to
the extension I  > have set up.  >
 > Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any ideas as to what I should try?  >

 > Thanks in advance.

Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is: How
do you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: