[Asterisk-Users] Incoming calls picked-up then simply hanged-up

fhunter fhunter at survivorsoft.com
Thu May 12 06:53:56 MST 2005

I don't think my first posting went thru.

I am trying to set up Asterisk for the first time. I am new to this.
I am using Asterisk at Home.
I have a TDM400P with one FXO and one  FXS

The system is working for outgoing calls and if I test incoming calls using
7777.
But when doing an actual call the system seems to answer the call and then
immediately hang up.

I made a small test following some instructions and made changes to the
from-pstn context to look like this:

[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Wait(4)
exten => s,3,Playback(goodbye)
exten => s,4,Hangup()

The incoming calls are set up to go from the PSTN to the Digital
Receptionist.
But I get the same behavior if I have incoming call send to the extension I
have set up.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any ideas as to what I should try?

Thanks in advance.