[Asterisk-Users] Satellite Providers

Michael D Schelin mike at shelcomm.com
Wed May 11 14:31:38 MST 2005

The delay in the air is minor. Radio travels very fast through the air.
Almost at the speed of light. It's the electronics that are causing the
delays.  The less electronics touching your signal the better.   The up
and down is very fast.  But then you have all the converts and the land
line links to factor in.  Microwave also has delays such as the Motorola
equipment which is only half duplex.  This will also incress the time.
Max is right, check into some ground based systems.