[Asterisk-Users] Phone attached to Sipura SPA-1001 has no ring

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Wed May 11 00:51:38 MST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 02:52 pm, Malcolm Bader wrote:
> I hooked up a SPA-1001 with asterisk yesterday and all works well
> except the phone doesn't ring.
> The phone I'm using has a LCD display so I can see the call come in.
> (with caller id info)
> I can answer and complete the call but it's just not ringing.
> The phone rings if pluged into a POTS line so it's not the phone
> that's the problem.
> I've used the SPA-1001's web interface and the ringer seems to be
> enabled. Is there some setting I'm missing?
> Or is there something special I have to set up in asterisk?

Sounds like what I had.  My SPA-1001 came like this and was RMA'ed.

The ring voltage is adjustable in the advanced settings.  I tried both
raising and lowering it to no avail.  It wouldn't ring any of my
phones.  I don't recall seeing it generate callerid though, but to tell
the truth I wasn't paying a lot of attention to that.

The web server status page would say that the phone status was 'Ringing'
while this was happening.  And if I picked up the handset while this
was happening, the calls would complete.

Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com