[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sipura 841 and headset (Josiah Bryan)

Craig asterisk at nihost.net
Tue May 10 11:46:37 MST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 9:45 am, David Masure wrote:
> Hi folks !
>
> I bought two sipura 841 phones.  I used to have GN Netcom headset
which
> I connect instead of the handset.  The problem is that I don't have
any
> sound coming out the headset and I can't speak neither !

> Or....can anyone advise me on headset working with the sipura 841 ?

I just use a standard 2.5mm headset that plugs into the small port on
the
right side of the phone about 1.5" below the screen. The 2.5mm size plug
is
standard for cell phone headsets and cordless phone headsets, at least
here
in the USA - dont know about france. The 2.5mm headset works fine on the
10+
SPA-841's that I've used it on (several managers use headsets in my
office
with the SPA-841.)

-josiah

--
Josiah Bryan

--------------
I too use a number of SPA-841 with the headsets plugged into the 2.5mm
headset port.

I found the best headset to be the Panasonic TCA92 (off eBay) at about
$usd8 +usd8 postage to Au. Some of the other headsets I tried, did not
perform as well.

However I have found the later firmware (v3.1.2) has a problem with
background noise causing the incoming audio to mute on both headset and
speaker phone. You can reduce the microphone level in this latest
software, but this didn't help.

With the original firmware that came with the phones (V 0.9.1) this does
not occur. If anybody has a copy of this earlier firmware, I would love
to get hold of it to downgrade a couple of phones as I would prefer to
put up with a couple of bugs in this version than crappy headset audio.

craig