[Asterisk-Users] Interconnecting two lans using Asterisk over a PSTN

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue May 10 06:16:22 MST 2005

>If one have an Internet/SDL access is it possible to have a dual access, in
>such if one network fails, I can switch automatically to another?
>Here below the network architecture I imagine.
>
>(IP LAN1)-ASTERISK-(Digium FXO card)<-->(PSTN)<-->(Digium FXO
>Card)-ASTERISK-(IP LAN 2)

I don't understand what you mean when you say "if one network fails, I
can switch automatically to another".

- If you have to separate IP networks which are separately connected to
the internet, and you want them to behave as if it was ONE lan, you can
use something like OpenVPN or PopTop to securely bridge the two networks
as if it was one big LAN.

- If you want to, you can set up each of your asterisk box to go though
the other asterisk box in the event where the PSTN network of one of the
offices is bust. This would require the IP connection to stay up though,
which is unlikely if you have DSL (where as a rule of thumb, when your
PSTN is bust your DSL is too)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.