[Asterisk-Users] Interconnecting two lans using Asterisk over a PSTN

Brice Muangkhot bmuangkhot at yahoo.fr
Tue May 10 05:50:44 MST 2005

Hello,

I am a newbie in Asterisk IP PBX but I am very impressed by its
functionalities.
I have read that It can work over IP network and across the PSTN.
I am not very sure how it works over the PSTN..
In case if people have not yet the Internet or SDL access, I would like just to
know if it is possible to interconnect two IP LANs using the traditionnal
analog Network and Asterisk PBX? In such I would like to send voice and data in
the same media and all my IP applications should work, it is like the PPP IP
link over PSTN I would like to have.

If one have an Internet/SDL access is it possible to have a dual access, in
such if one network fails, I can switch automatically to another?
Here below the network architecture I imagine.

(IP LAN1)-ASTERISK-(Digium FXO card)<-->(PSTN)<-->(Digium FXO
Card)-ASTERISK-(IP LAN 2)

Thank you so much for your help.

Brice