[Asterisk-Users] Will Asterisk do well in this application?

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Mon May 9 13:41:38 MST 2005

Tim Litwiller wrote:

> I have a customer looking for an automated way to provide his
> customers information.
>
> He found some windows software called Active Call Center - but I
> believe that he did the 40 day trial and it crashed his windows
> machine to much. So he wants something that can do a similar task
> running on linux.
>
> The Users expierience should go something like this
>
> One of his customers calls in the IVR asks for his account number and
> password - based on that it does database lookups for several reports
> and reads those back to the customer with text to speech.

It sounds like "LAMP" (Linux Asterisk MySQL Perl) plus some decent text
to speech package such as Elan TTS would be what you need for this project.

I think you will find that Perl excels at gluing different systems
together, such as remote (possibly windows-obdc only) databases, text to
speech systems, and of course Asterisk.

Self-promotion: If you're looking for some consultancy and good AGI
scripting skills, I am available for work!

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.