[Asterisk-Users] Will Asterisk do well in this application?

izo marcin.izo at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:41:08 MST 2005

On 5/9/05, Tim Litwiller <tim at litwiller.net> wrote:
> The Users expierience should go something like this
>
> One of his customers calls in the IVR asks for his account number and
> password - based on that it does database lookups for several reports
> and reads those back to the customer with text to speech.
>
> I'm not sure if the customer should be able to change account
> information online or not at this point.

Depends on the information you want to provide.
Text to speach abilities in asterisk are I'd say very limited.
You can use external engine like real speak or elan or maybe something
from AT&T.
The best way would be if the information is numerical or based on
limited dictionary
so you can just use wave files as base.

You could also look at possiblity of sending faxes to customer ie:
customer calls in
gives password system check in database if data is valid and then
sends fax with information to that customer.

Either way you  have to do some customization easiest way would be
using AGI scripts.

regards
m.