[Asterisk-Users] 3 x TDM400P in one PC ??

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sun May 8 10:57:23 MST 2005

I wish you would know what you are talking about.

> We've got four TDM400P cards in one PC running without any trouble,
> since January.

Good for you, most people don't have it this way.

> It's not a fair comparison between new cards that come from Digium with
> support and a second-hand channel bank from Ebay.  If an analog phone

Really???? Digium cards in such a setup *do have problems* (ask Digium
the will tell you the same), while a working channel bank if it works
*does not* have problems.

> interface doesn't work, I can figure out if the problem is the card, the
> wiring, or the phone with a voltmeter, and unless the entire card gets
> fried, it's just one phone that's out, and even so, unless the entire
> computer is fried it's only four.  If a T1 interface, technology with

So why do phone companies not stick to a pair a copper for each line?
why do they use fiber lines?

> which I have no experience, fails, the entire system is out, and I don't

So get the experience, by crying I don't have the experience you will
never get it.

> have a clue how to find out what the problem is, is it the wiring?  The

Well it's actualy easier with a T1, since there is only one line to
check, while with your 3 TDMs you  have to first find the pair.

> channel bank?  Is tab A plugged into slot B?

Hmmmmmm, so you telling me that for wiring the TDMs you use pre
crimmped wires even when using 12 runs? you outa go to wiring school
as well, why don't you use a 66 or 110, it's much neater, and easier
to expand, move, or change.

> Did the channel bank turn
> up on Ebay because someone else couldn't get it to work either?

Looks like you don't know eBay (you even mispelled it).

> Lastly, I was told that I would have to bring in a technician to wire up a
> channel bank, I didn't have to do any wiring with the TDM400P's - I
> plugged in the cards, took the RJ-11's out of the PBX I was replacing,
> and plugged them in to the cards.

Exactly, because you havn't got a clue about wiring, you shouldn't be
touching phone systems at all.