[Asterisk-Users] 3 x TDM400P in one PC ??

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Sun May 8 11:38:33 MST 2005

Joerg Wleklik wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Does anybody have experiences with plugging 3 TDM400P cards in one PC??
>
>I think about a Asterisk box handling 8 incoming analogue lines and providing
>4 lines to an old analogue PBX.
>
>I read a lot about trouble with the TDM400P cards so this idea seams to be not
>really god, or?

We've got four TDM400P cards in one PC running without any trouble,
since January.

It's not a fair comparison between new cards that come from Digium with
support and a second-hand channel bank from Ebay.  If an analog phone
interface doesn't work, I can figure out if the problem is the card, the
wiring, or the phone with a voltmeter, and unless the entire card gets
fried, it's just one phone that's out, and even so, unless the entire
computer is fried it's only four.  If a T1 interface, technology with
which I have no experience, fails, the entire system is out, and I don't
have a clue how to find out what the problem is, is it the wiring?  The
channel bank?  Is tab A plugged into slot B?  Did the channel bank turn
up on Ebay because someone else couldn't get it to work either?  Lastly,
I was told that I would have to bring in a technician to wire up a
channel bank, I didn't have to do any wiring with the TDM400P's - I
plugged in the cards, took the RJ-11's out of the PBX I was replacing,
and plugged them in to the cards.