[Asterisk-Users] Cellsocket help needed

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sun May 8 10:28:31 MST 2005

C F wrote:

>What do you mean by cellsocket? nany urls?

They're GSM adapters that you can plug into a FXO card apparently.

That being said, an TDM-like asterisk board in which you could directly
stick SIM cards would be so cool... GSM -> IP gateways are really
expensive and pretty shabby...

Hey, guys from Digium, any plans for this?

I've been working with some Quescom IP/GSM hardware and had nothing but
trouble with it. *My experience* was good hardware, but crappy software
and poor support. The antennas are deportable (you have a few meters of
cable between the antenna and the box) which is nice.

An Asterisk compatible GSM board would have been so much nicer though...

I've been toying with the idea of Nokia 22 adapters... anybody has any
success with them?

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.