[Asterisk-Users] Problem Dialing out via external SIP account.

Andrew Herdman andrew at whine.com
Sat May 7 19:32:05 MST 2005

Hi all, saw a few messages here, and read the part on the wiki on using
asterisk to dial out via another SIP service provider, who incidently is
also using Asterisk.

First the details;

PHONE1
Extension:		2002002001
IP Address:		192.168.128.25

ASTERISK1
Extension:		1111111111
IP Address:		ASTERISK1

ASTERISK2
IP Address:		ASTERISK2

Destination PSTN
Extension:		2222222222

(Information changed to hide reality)

222222222 can call 1111111111 and that rings 2002002001 and when I answer,
all is well, RTP streams in both directions work fine.

2002002001 can call 2222222222 and 2222222222 rings with CID from
1111111111, so far so good.  Picking up the phone, no connection between the
phones is made.  PHONE1 indicates that the call is attempting to connect,
2222222222 says the call is up.  After 60 seconds, 2002002001 gives up and
disconnects (or maybe it's ASTERISK1 or ASTERISK2).  Then 2222222222 also
disconnects at the same time.  (Signalling works).

Apologies for attaching a zip file, but I included my sip.conf and
extensions.conf which are quire small, but I have also included an Ethereal
text dump of all the SIP conversation packets which is 132k, and well 8k is
better for everyone.  Remember folks, don't open a zip without up to date
antivirus.  (Or no Windows :)

Thanks for any help or suggestions to try out.

Andrew