[Asterisk-Users] Transparently Routing German pri through Asterisk

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat May 7 16:21:00 MST 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> Perhaps I am naive but I don't think that diaplans would be that much more
> complex if people matched more accurately at all.  Granted most of my calling
> is north american, but there's some south america and germany in there as
> well, along with a sprinkle of UK.  None of them would require _X. to match
> the vast majority of the numbers in those locations.

But why would you want to match more then enough to know that you want to
send the digits to a certain destination?

> I would, however, enjoy it if some people could give examples of screwed up
> PSTN dialing matching around the world.  I'd enjoy the challenge of creating
> tightly-matching dialplans for them.

In Sweden we have

1-3 digits area code (optional for calls within the same are code)
5-9 digits subscriber number
A prefix "0" is added for area codes
A prefix "00" is added for international calls
The subscriber numbers are not fixed in length within an area code.

Peter