[Asterisk-Users] FXO ATA?

Jon Gabrielson jon at directfreight.com
Fri May 6 08:41:25 MST 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 10:27 pm, Tim Connolly wrote:
> Pass through has the same functionality as a modem with a "line" and a
> "phone" connection. Line is where you plug in the dialtone, the dial passes
> through the "phone" connection unless the card picks up (like a modem
> does).
>
> I have a X100P clone that is setup as a passthrough. I've never seen a pass
> through on a FXS, but then I've only messed with ATA-186's recently.

That is not correct or at best not completely correct.  That is what I would
have believed it to be,  but some passthrus (like the handytones) allow you
 to dial *00 or some other combination to dial out of the PSTN directly.  I
guess it is possible that the *00 turns off the FXS to allow the straight
passthru, but even if that is so, the X100p doesn't have an equivalent
functionality.