[Asterisk-Users] CAPI on ptp with variable length digits in phone number

bladerunner bladerunner81 at gmx.net
Fri May 6 04:58:46 MST 2005

hi back,

we had this sort of problems (and some other ones... sigh) with an eicon diva
& chan_capi in austria.

<rant mode=on>

unfortunately we never got around to fix this spaghetti of a code in
chan_capi.c to work as intended

(it takes the first session_setup it gets from the line and ignores, that per
specification of isdn you can send digits for DID _after_ the setup of the
connection too. there should be a timer with timeout for waiting for those
digits. we tried to implement a separate thread into chan_capi to handle this
timeout, but the code and the variable-naming is so obscure, we never got
arround to finding let alone fixing a "invalid pointer not freed" bug in our
hack of this hack).

<rant mode=off>

as a last desperate try we got a sirrix-card (search on the wiki for sirrix)
and i had some very good calls with sirrix' development department, who fixed
all problems in the isdn-layer and the asterisk-channel (chan_sirrix) for us.
works perfectly.

sorry i have no immediate solution, but i dumped the avm and eicon cards
completely in favor of the sirrix ones.