[Asterisk-Users] CAPI on ptp with variable length digits in phone number

Sebastian Buntin sebastian at buntin.de
Fri May 6 04:04:16 MST 2005

Hi!

we have a german PtP PRI connection here.
our old telephone system was programmed to accept digits by variable
length.
so our MSN, assigned my telco is, lets say: 123
and we can use first digit from 0-4. and every further digit like we
want.
means:

123-1
123-2345
123-444444
till
123-49999999999....
but not 123-5...

I'm using an Eicon diva server PRI 23M with chan_capi.

my problem is dialing IN.

block mode works perfect. (when the whole number is sent as a block)

I just add

exten => 123114,1,Dial(SIP/blahblah)

works.

but if someone dials digit-wise, lets say 123114,
asterisk starts scanning the dialplan after 1231.
doesnt find an extension and exits.
even using
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,4
as first line in the dialin-extension won't help.

so, I need to find a way that asterisk collects the digits until it has
a matching one.
p.ex. wait scanning the extensions till the caller typed 123114.
I can live with fixed length extensions. means, always wait for 3
digits.

thanks for help..

Sebastian