[Asterisk-Users] Opinions on Cisco 7960G, Polycom IP-600, and Snom 360

Fri May 6 01:18:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 18:00 -0500, Daniel Bingham wrote:
> Apologies for asking more questions so quickly after my last one.  A few
> more questions about the Polycom phones:
>
> Searching the list I found a few references like this:
>
> "I would also like to figure out how to make the phone *ring* when
> you're already on another line, but haven't had a chance to seriously
> explore it yet."

Yes, it does, whether it is in the handset/headset, or from the ringer,
I can't remember, but it does definitely make some sort of audible
notification.

> The Wiki says the IP-500 requires an additional chip to support power
> over ethernet.  Is this true of the IP-600 as well?

No, the IP500 requires an additional cable, which may have some chip or
something internally. The IP300 is in the same boat. The IP600 only
requires a PoE enabled standard cat5 cable (ie, the other end of the
cable is inserting power).

> If anyone can answer any of these questions, I would really appreciate
> it.

Yes, I can, and at least the PoE questions are answered on the polycom
website and the wiki. Also, please remember:
a) don't top post
b) delete irrelevant text

Regards,
Adam