[Asterisk-Users] Opinions on Cisco 7960G, Polycom IP-600, and Snom 360

Daniel Bingham dan at apci.net
Thu May 5 15:20:29 MST 2005

Reviewing the IP-600 and IP-500 further, the spec sheets have me a
little confused.  The IP-500 states it supports three lines, and the
IP-600 six lines.  What is confusing me is that on the IP-600 spec sheet
(http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_item_show_doc/1,1276,1820,00.pdf),
under the IETF SIP bullet, is says "up to 3 dedicated lines, 2 call
appearances per line."  This same wording is used under the same bullet
on the IP-500 spec sheet
(http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_item_show_doc/1,1276,1042,00.pdf).

Can someone who has used both phones clear this up?  Does the IP-600
fully support 6 lines under SIP, or is the line functionality of the
IP-500 and IP-600 identical?

Thanks,

Daniel Bingham
dan at apci.net