[Asterisk-Users] 1800 DNIS and asterisk (HOW TO?)

frank at keitz.org frank at keitz.org
Thu May 5 13:28:36 MST 2005

DNIS is dialed number identification service.  With toll free services,
the carrier will send DNIS digits (to your PBX) to identify which toll
free number was called.  The DNIS sent from the network to your PBX may be
4 digits long for example.  I suspect that you will need to build an
extension matching whatever DNIS they are going to send to your PBX when
the toll free number is dialed.  I'm guessing that is what they were
trying to explain.