[Asterisk-Users] 1800 DNIS and asterisk (HOW TO?)

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 5 14:38:52 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 17:09 -0400, Daryl G. Jurbala wrote:
> Huh?  The last time I dealt with DNIS (admittedly, years ago) the
> provider sent the digits to ME via DTMF to tell ME what number was
> dialed to terminate on that line (you know....Dialed Number
> Identification Service).
>
> Unless DNIS has turned into telcoBGP while I haven't been watching, what
> you're being asked to do doesn't seem quite right.

DNIS in America anyway includes more than just the called number.  It
includes other bits of information like class of the calling line (if
its a payphone there is a flag set, etc).  It also includes ANI and
other bits of info.  IIRC its 128 characters.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402