[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc dialout problems

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Thu May 5 14:19:26 MST 2005

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
>
>> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed a HFC-based ISDN card, and I'm having problems with
>>> making dialouts using that card. Dial-ins are working fine - i.e. I
>>> can call myself and talk to asterisk :)
>>

>> Zap/0 is not a valid Zap channel.  Zap channels start at 1.
>

> sorry, it was meant to be g0.
> I tried Zap/1 and Zap/2 earlier - with that effect:
>
>      -- Executing Dial("SIP/201-152d", "Zap/1/98") in new stack
>     -- Called 1/98
>     -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
>   == No one is available to answer at this time
>     -- Executing Congestion("SIP/201-152d", "") in new stack

OK, I found the problem.

I have two ISDN lines: one from a telco, and the second is a company
internal ISDN system.

Both dialin and dialout work with HFC/zap and telco.
Only dialin work with HFC/zap and internal ISDN system made by alcatel.

With i4l, dialin and dialout works both with a telco and internal ISDN
system.

So I guess an internal ISDN uses some exotic signalling?

Tomek