[Asterisk-Users] 7777 (simulate incoming call) not working

Doug Millsaps asterisk at txpe.net
Thu May 5 13:19:38 MST 2005

I'm setting up a new AAH 1.0 box to replace my AAH 0.6 box.  Though on the
new box, I've installed a generic ebay X100P.  I don't have my livevoip or
voicepulse accounts set up yet on the new box (can both boxes be registered
at the same time?).  I've set up one IP phone (SPA841) with the new box.  I
have my SBC POTS line plugged into the fxo card.  I set up everything in
AMP.  I can make out going calls.  The problem I'm having now is the
digital receptionist greeting (aa_1).  If I set it to automatically forward
to an extension it works.  But, if I have it play a message (press 200 for
Joe, etc), you can't here the message at all.  I can dial the extension
number and * will accept and forward me to that extension.  I can see on
the CLI that it is suppose to be playing the message.  If I dial 7777
(simulate incoming call), I get the same thing, can't hear voice but can
dial extensions.

I've adjusted the txgain and rxgain in zapata.  This only increased
echo.  I have googled this list and SF, I can't find anything else to try
yet, or I'm using the wrong search terms.

Probably unrelated, but when I "stop gracefully" and then restart *, I get
the following error:
[app_zapbarge.so] => (Barge in on Zap channel application)
   == Registered application 'ZapBarge'
  [app_zapscan.so] => (Scan Zap channels application)
   == Registered application 'ZapScan'
  [app_rxfax.so][root at asterisk1 root]# Ouch ... error while writing audio
data: : Broken pipe

The only thing I can do at this point is reboot the machine.  I don't see
any failures on the boot up.  My search for this error appears to be
related to mpg123.  But, I never found where somebody had a solution for it.

I have tried to install fax capability (install-pdf), but that doesn't work
either.  I get this error:
[root at asterisk1 root]# install-pdf
installing Fax PostScript support
Server: CentOS-3 - Addons
retrygrab() failed for:
   http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
   Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error >
[root at asterisk1 root]#

There is a pretty long delay after the "Server: CentOS-3 - Addons" line

Thanks,
Doug