[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Images

Charlie Watts cwatts at mercurypay.com
Thu May 5 12:58:04 MST 2005

Manjit Riat wrote:
> Out of curiosity what's the reason? Why would they not sell phones to
> asterisk users? Do they not trust asterisk or their phones to work
> with each other?

My guess: They don't want to compete with the folks that OEM Polycom
hardware. Lots of commercial phone system vendors just re-brand Polycom
phones, and Polycom doesn't want to hurt their relationship with those
businesses.

I bet that at some point one of the Asterisk-using Polycom vendors gets
the momentum to get a better Polycom<->Asterisk user relationship going.
The trouble is that most of the Asterisk-using hardware vendors are
hardware agnostic, and don't want sign anything that says "We'll only
sell Polycom equipment".