[Asterisk-Users] (res_)Monitor: wav - no sound; wav49 - sound

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu May 5 12:27:43 MST 2005

OK. So I am testing Monitor() and res_monitor.

 exten => 3044,1,Monitor(wav,mytest,mb)
 exten => 3044,2,Dial(SIP/3044,15)
 exten => 3044,3,Voicemail(u${EXTEN}@cytel)
 exten => 3044,103,Voicemail(b${EXTEN}@cytel)

If I use "wav49" I get a nice, proper duration file with sound. (meaning I
can hear out my comp speakers).

If I use "wav", I get a proper duration file, but there is no sound. Its 45
seconds of silence.

If I open the file in a sound editor, It shows no waveform; just a flat line
down the middle.

Any ideas on this? Because "press-to-record" in res-Features is hardcoded to
"wav" I get no audio when recording conversations.

-Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.