[Asterisk-Users] Opinions on Cisco 7960G, Polycom IP-600, and Snom 360

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Thu May 5 09:13:42 MST 2005

Those are all three great phones and the choice gets really
preferential...

I love my Polycoms and I recommend them all the time.  I give props to
the Cisco stuff but like you, I can't stand paying extra even if it is
just a few bucks here and there.

Polycoms can have a curve for figuring out the config files but once you
do it is a breeze.   The speakerphones are excellent and the features
work with * with no real headaches.  The IP500 (or even an IP300) is
sufficient for most users so save some bucks if you don't really need
the mini-browser and extra display lines of the 600.  An IP 500 can take
plenty of concurrent calls and the features are excellent.

I will let the others speak about SNOM and Cisco though I can say they
are well respected.  My preference is just Polycom.  If you get the
Polys let me know if you have trouble and I will assist you with config
off list.

Cheers,
Wiley