[Asterisk-Users] (OT) Interesting Product Vocera

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu May 5 06:41:46 MST 2005

Hi Guys, I know the Vocera system very well (I tried to get the
Australian distribution rights 2 years ago - and I also used to
distribute DECT systems a long time ago).

It's a great system and works very well but yes it is expensive.

Yes you do need the backend server and software applications, though
this wouldn't prevent you from connecting it to an Asterisk server for
SIP/VOIP connectivity.

If it is just speech recognition you are interested in let me know and I
will give you a contact at www.tellme.com who is looking at working with
asterisk developers on SIP based speech recognition applications.

Cheers,
Dean