[Asterisk-Users] ISDN transfer, handoff to masterswitch

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu May 5 03:35:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, David John Walsh wrote:

> For PRI's is ECT / CD the default behavior of asterisk, or is there
> code changes (and what are they) to make these features work.
>
> In about 4 weeks, we are getting a test PRI, the quad-span digium
> wildcard and a test server.
>
> The behavior we want is not to tie 2 circuits up in the event of
> transfer, but to keep asterisk out of the loop and pass it back to the
> upstream switch.

I don't think ECT is implemented for EuroISDN PRI. There is a similar
feature implemented for som other switch types (2B Channel Transfer for
another PRI flavour). This is automatic and should be adaptable for ECT on
EuroISDN. It is possible that brisuff adds ECT support for PRIs as well.

CD (Call Deflection) I think is done explicitly from the dialplan in
BriStuff, but I'm not sure. Consult the bristuff package.

Peter