[Asterisk-Users] QoS for improvements

Kumara Jayaweera kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Wed May 4 18:20:18 MST 2005

Hello! Everybody!!,
I want to run VoIP in the same LAN (15 windows clients) which we use for
surfing the Internet. 6-7 softphones in the same client's machines is 'the
target'. My DSL is 128kbps, (I can go to 256kbps if required). So, I am told
to install some QoS's in the LAN to improve the voice quality. Frankly, I
don't know what it (QoS= Quality of Service) is. I hope you may help me
giving "Links" to read and briefing me your ideas.
Thanks to everybody in the list.
So far my success and progress are your help.
Thanks again
Kumara