[Asterisk-Users] Digium MOH

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:58:38 MST 2005

On 5/3/05, Matt Riddell <matt.riddell at sineapps.com> wrote:
> Chris Mason wrote:
> > Why not?
>
> Because you have not licensed the file for broadcasting across your
> telephone network.

Don't jump to conclusions. ;)

> How many other people are there here that write music?  Would there be
> any interest in creating a pool of music for Asterisk?

I've thought about it... Perhaps I would be interested in contributing
a song or two.

> Would there be any chance of creating a GPL exception for them if we
> donated them?
>
> I have rather a few songs, mostly in the trance/psytrance genre but also
>  dub and DnB.

I write metal and industrial and all inbetween, which isn't that much.
But I could come up with something that isn't so harsh, specifically
for Asterisk. I'm a lame coder, so maybe my music skills would be a
better way of contributing...

> Ideas?

Well, we could put up a website or a project on SourceForge or
something perhaps and put any donated music there? I don't remember
what SF's rules are, but there has to be something we could do,
assuming that the music wasn't simply accepted into Asterisk.

It could be in an add-on archive, kinda like the additional sound files pack.

I dunno, but I'd contribute a song if something formed..

Let me know.
--
Dana