[Asterisk-Users] PRI timing problems: Fax & Voice

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 4 10:01:56 MST 2005

On May 4, 2005 12:05 pm, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> May  4 10:57:04 WARNING[25650]: chan_zap.c:4394 my_zt_write: Write
> returned -1 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on channel 2 - audio may
> have been lost

I think that something in asterisk (not zaptel) changed in the last week to
create this problem; see my last message to -dev.

> When the span was "0", I NEVER got that message. I haven't heard any
> complaints from the other office mates that use the PRI for voice, but the
> error just bothers me.
>
> What is the real difference between "0" and "1" on the span timing?

all that the clock span means is what span * synchronizes to.

clock of 0 means do not try to synchronize to the clock on this span
1 means this span is my primary clock sync source
2 means that if the span with '1' is down, use this one
3 means if the spans with 1 and 2 are down, use this one

etc.

-A.