[Asterisk-Users] PRI timing problems: Fax & Voice

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed May 4 09:05:02 MST 2005

I've been trying to get PRI -> Email Fax to work for some time now. Several
months. Got newest everything and still some pages come out missing an inch
or two.

It was recommended to me to change my zaptel.conf so that span #1 used
itself as primary sync source. (It was set to 0).

I made the change and now FAXES LOOK PERFECT!!! 100+ pages and not a single
problem.

The problem now is, I get this error every so often:

May  4 10:57:04 WARNING[25650]: chan_zap.c:4394 my_zt_write: Write
returned -1 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on channel 2 - audio may have
been lost

When the span was "0", I NEVER got that message. I haven't heard any
complaints from the other office mates that use the PRI for voice, but the
error just bothers me.

What is the real difference between "0" and "1" on the span timing?

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.