[Asterisk-Users] Digium MOH

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Tue May 3 22:01:09 MST 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Matt Riddell wrote:

> Chris Mason wrote:
>> Why not?
>
> Because you have not licensed the file for broadcasting across your
> telephone network.
>
> How many other people are there here that write music?  Would there be
> any interest in creating a pool of music for Asterisk?
>
> Would there be any chance of creating a GPL exception for them if we
> donated them?
>
> I have rather a few songs, mostly in the trance/psytrance genre but
> also  dub and DnB.
>
> Ideas?

Good idea. Might be an interesting niche to fill by creating a
selection of dropout-tolerant (and smoothly-compressible) seamless
loops.

IIRC I had some nice results using SoundEdit32 or perhaps it was BIAS
Peak's loop factory on Mac OS X. Did a nice job of pattern matching to
seam a selection cleanly.

/rg