[Asterisk-Users] TE4XXP and /etc/zaptel.conf

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Tue May 3 19:15:52 MST 2005

I'm trying to configure 4 T1s into this board. The T1s work just fine.
However, I have a question about setting up the clock source properly.

3 T1s are from the same carrier and the remaining T1 is from another. I
have a configuration similar to:

/etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1,24

span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=25-48

span=3,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=49-72

span=4,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=73-96

My question is: Should all the T1s be defined as primary sync source? I
could understand that the T1 from one provider should not share the
timing from the other provider. But, what about multiple T1s from the
same provider? If they should share their timing setting, what would be
the right syntax to specify it?

Thanks,
Daniel