[Asterisk-Users] Voice Quality

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue May 3 15:08:10 MST 2005

On May 3, 2005 04:14 pm, David wrote:
> Thanks for ur response. Hmmm, But I will have a bandwidth issue if I use
> ulaw. 20 calls at the same time... 512 connection can't support that...
> What do u think? The only reason I'm using iLBC is bcz of the Bandwidth.
> What about the packet lost, I see some packet lost... What is the best way
> to configure * if there are some packet losts ?

GSM consumes less bandwidth per call than iLBC, and g729 even less.  If you're
using IAX2 trunking you can pack even more calls into the same bandwidth.
There is also preliminary generic (interpolating) packet loss concealment in
CVS HEAD's IAX2 (and maybe SIP, not sure).

BTW are you *really* saving any time by bastardizing your email so much (ur,
u, bcz)... jeez.

-A.