[Asterisk-Users] zaptel 1.0.7 problems (again)

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue May 3 12:38:52 MST 2005

> Not that I know of, just the standard RHEL 4 advisories. I suspect the TDM
> card may be broken. Before I rebooted the leds of both ports were lit,
> just the FXS port was dead.
>
> I rebooted to see if it would help, it didn't. Now when I load the driver
> it gives some sort of message that it couldn't initialize port #1. The
> console suggests to verify whether the power cable is plugged in to the
> TDM (it is, i checked).
>
> Disabling the FXS port works, the driver will then initialize and asterisk
> will start (obviously without FXS port).
>
> I can use the PSTN line on the TDM card for inbound/outbound calls, I
> guess if it really were a power problem then the FXO port wouldn't work
> either?

Looks to me your FXS port is broken.
I still have to order my first digium card so cannot tell
you 100% sure, but seems like it.
(The Digium card will be ordered as soon as OpenBSD support
is there)

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."