[Asterisk-Users] zaptel 1.0.7 problems (again)

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Tue May 3 11:13:10 MST 2005

>> Then when I try to start asterisk I get this error:
>>
>> May  2 20:41:58 WARNING[8663]: chan_zap.c:771 zt_open: Unable to specify
>> channel 1: No such device
>> May  2 20:41:58 ERROR[8663]: chan_zap.c:6208 mkintf: Unable to open
>> channel 1: No such device
>> here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
>> May  2 20:41:58 ERROR[8663]: chan_zap.c:9155 setup_zap: Unable to register
>> channel '1'
>> May  2 20:41:58 WARNING[8663]: loader.c:345 ast_load_resource:
>> chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
>>   == Unregistered channel type 'Tor'
>>   == Unregistered channel type 'Zap'
>> May  2 20:41:58 WARNING[8663]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module
>> chan_zap.so failed!
>> [root at pbx zaptel]# Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
>> Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
>>

>> Any idea what is wrong? The config hasn't changed and was working before I
>> rebooted the box.
>
> Did you upgrade the compiler too ?
> I know I had trouble with this once too.
> I upgraded the kernel and gcc and after a reboot all went
> dead.
> A recompile of my zaptel and isdn modules and a recompile of
> asterisk fixed it.
>
> Maybe it can help you too.

Not that I know of, just the standard RHEL 4 advisories. I suspect the TDM
card may be broken. Before I rebooted the leds of both ports were lit,
just the FXS port was dead.

I rebooted to see if it would help, it didn't. Now when I load the driver
it gives some sort of message that it couldn't initialize port #1. The
console suggests to verify whether the power cable is plugged in to the
TDM (it is, i checked).

Disabling the FXS port works, the driver will then initialize and asterisk
will start (obviously without FXS port).

I can use the PSTN line on the TDM card for inbound/outbound calls, I
guess if it really were a power problem then the FXO port wouldn't work
either?