[Asterisk-Users] IP Phones for home use?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue May 3 08:42:42 MST 2005

> I currently have Asterisk, an X100P and a Grandstream 100 for
> playing around with. I'm interested in another IP phone for
> daily use. The Grandstream is fine but feels a little cheap
> and won't be acceptable by my wife (very important). What
> I want is a phone with lots of buttons and an LCD screen
> with lots of information (the Cisco 7970 would be nice)!
> But the reality is that we need a phone that is not overly
> complicated, handles 2 calls, caller ID info, reasonably
> priced, not ugly looking (the 7920's are ugly) and not much
> else. So a compromise to something in between is called for.
>
> What are your recommendations for a slightly fancy home phone?

One approach (of several) would be to use a Sipura spa2000 or
spa3000 and attach all of your existing house phones to the
fxs port(s). If the spa3000, then it would provide the fxo
interface to your pstn line as well.

If you still want a fancy looking multiline phone, consider
the cisco 7960 or polycomm models.