[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else having Broadvoice issues today?

JD jd at twingeckos.com
Mon May 2 23:15:42 MST 2005

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

>I am curious though about a companies competence when they have a
>production system and it takes a week of multiple outages to chnage
>something.  You would think any professional company would have a test
>and development network seperate from the production one where they can
>*anounce* and schedule downtime for infrastructure changes.

Those were my exact thoughts.  Had I received a warning, I might have
been able to do something about it.. like set call forwarding to go to
my cell phone until they worked out their kinks.  Unprofessional in my view.
A response to their email, even an auto responder noting an outage in
some area would keep me from getting so hot under the collar.

>All in all though my only complaint with broadvoice is that their tech
>support knows very little on average even about broadvoice specific
>things, like their rate plans and what is actually included with each
>package (ie which exchanges are within which subpackage for a given
>country).  To bil this information has to exist somewhere, you would
>think that on a corporate level they would make this information more
>available like vonage does, but I can live without that.

They do have enough information for most on their web site.  The account
portal seems put together enough.

JD