[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else having Broadvoice issues today?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon May 2 22:31:33 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 00:09 -0500, Tim Connolly wrote:
> No.. but...
> 	In their defense though, Cisco sold us a million dollars in routers
> taunting they could handle the load. 6 months later we were trading them in
> for Junipers because they were only able to handle the load as long as it
> was low in packet per second count. Sometime they just don't have a way to
> real world test this stuff without throwing it into the wind to see if it
> flies.

Yes, I can see that, I dont know if that is the case or if its
configuration changes.  Either way they should anounce that they are
upgrading if that is what they are doing.  Given the short duration of
the outages and their frequency over time I would expect that is what
they are doing and its not failing equipment.

> 	I do have two big complaints about Broadvoice. I keep getting billed
> for calls that they claim are free calls on their website. I even
> implemented their suggested dial plan for Asterisk. Second complaint is that
> I can only register with one proxy at a time. Why shouldn't I be able to
> register with all three?

dont forget about proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com which is more hidden..
proxy.lab.broadvoice.com I think its testing but who knows, broadvoice
is alledgly lowell ma based (about 1 hour outside boston) and lab is
near there based on traceroute.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402