[Asterisk-Users] OT: DSL problems - UNREACHABLE - REACHABLE

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:07:55 MST 2005

> Can you get stats out of the DSL modem as far as retries and whatnot?  I get
> that occassionally on ours as well (Sangoma S518 ADSL PCI modem) but the
> modem isn't showing anything bad (the odd collision but that's not 10s long)
It's a Speedtouch 510, I'll have to look at the telnet part because
there's nothing on the web interface IIRC.

> -- basically it's something deeper and I believe on the DSLAM side.

So  do I but they claim to have completely changed the DSLAM hookup
this morning. The only argument that leaves me mystified is the fact
that two wire pairs for the two lines go to the junction box in a
single cable. That makes it seem like it's the ISP or their upstream,
but they have both spent many hours on the phone with me and seem to
ne doing everything they can.

> The fact that the link doesn't drop suggests that's not the problem but I
> can't be 100% sure.

Good point.