[Asterisk-Users] A good SIP receptionist phone

Mon May 2 09:13:50 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 08:40 -0600, Michael Welter wrote:
> A suggestion was to alter the Called ID Name to the DID number.  This
> would work for the attendant, but the tenant would like to see the
> original Caller ID Name.

Is there an original caller id name ??
You *might* be able to setup some dialplan magic to re-write the CIDName
again when transferring it. ie, overwrite the change you made when you
added the tennant name in front...

> I would rather not have to put a PC at the attendants position, but that
> is the way this is shaping up.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, this sounds like the next best thing, while it may not sound like
a nice thing, I've had various thoughts about how 'cool' this could be.
Consider placing a web front end to allow your tennants to update their
greeting at will. When the call comes in, the 'current' text is
displayed on screen for your receptionist to say.

Lotsa other things are possible once you get to this stage...

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers