[Asterisk-Users] oh323 codec order

Kido NOAGBODJI kido at cafe.tg
Mon May 2 08:44:38 MST 2005

Hello,

Is there a particular order in which codec should be entered in the
oh323.conf file?
I believe that they are put in order of priority. But depending on which
codec is put before another, even if the caller does not support all of
them.
Let me clarify. I have a cisco ATA. When I have this in my oh323.conf
file,

codec=G7231A6K3
frames=1
codec=G729
frames=1
codec=GSM0610
frames=1
codec=G711A
frames=1
codec=G711U
frames=1

With the G711 codec i cannot hear any sound. In the debug, it shows that
g711 is used. But when I have. Other codecs(g723 and g729) seems to work
fine.

codec=G711A
frames=1
codec=G711U
frames=1
codec=GSM0610
frames=1
codec=G7231A6K3
frames=1
codec=G729
frames=1

I can hear the a very very slowed down robotic voice.

Thanks

Kido