[Asterisk-Users] Chan_sccp - status

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Mon May 2 07:52:11 MST 2005

The cisco 7960 works well with * and SIP.

Out of curiosity I loaded the ccm version 7.1 and tested it briefly with
CVS HEAD * and latest chan_sccp.

The interface when using ccm load on the phone is certainly different.

Things I don't see how to fix are:

o Setting the date and time on the phone
o The vm button makes a msg on * saying
   "VM Button is not yet handled"
o When on a call there is no transfer button.
  This must be something the chan hast to tell it display
  Or not?
o It seems like the * console is very busy with messages constantly
  on it. This likely means more processor power needed for large #s of
  these phones. Just a thot. Someone may have some real life experience.
o I don't see any way of making * read changes to sccp.conf.
  Tried a * reload. And a module reload.
  But had to stop * completely to get it to reread the config change.
o The phone wants DISTINCTIVERINGLIST.XML. What does that look like?

Is anyone using them in real life?
The wiki seems to have little information.
Like how to setup the ring tone file, the locale etc.

Thoughts?

--
respectfully, Joseph ===============